Maud 2 - 1 hall Russell Utd

McBookie North Superleague

24th March 2018


Maud Junior Football Club

Maud Fight back To Take All 3 Points

Maud kicked off and immediately put Hall Russell under pressure but on their second attack Carroll in goals sent a long ball clearance up the park to the left winger well inside Maud's own half who went past Gill and crossed in to Hay who slotted home past Fyffe in goal. Not to be up beat Maud won a couple of corners which came to nothing. Maud then survived a scare when in the 17th minute Hall Russell broke through Maud's defence but the headed in ball went wide of its target at the nearside post. Maud launched a long ball wide to Norris who beat his marker and sent the cross in only to see it cleared upfield. Again on the right Norris caused Hall Russell problems when a good placed ball cut out their midfield and left him heading goalwards, with Bremner waiting in the box for the cross only to see Norris fire in from an acute angle over the keeper and into the net in 24 minutes for the equaliser. Hall Russel were playing a long ball game cutting out Maud's midfield but couldn't find the back of the net to take the lead again. At the opposite end Maud failed to capitilise on 3 chances from close range to stretch their lead only to be denied by saves fromĀ Carroll who finally smothered the ball to end that attack. In the 43rd minute a free kick from 25 yards out was sent in but headed over the bar by Norris. Just on halftime Maud finally gained the advantage when Ritchie was taken down just outside the 18 yard box. Up stepped Duguid who calmly slotted home into the top left corner .

2-1 Halftime

A slow restart by both teams on a heavy going pitch saw Hall Russell miss a chance to equalise with a good cross in but headed past the post. Hall Russell went down to 10 men in the 57th minute when a clumsy challenge on Ritchie earned Mackie a straight red and his marching orders. Hall Russell kept up the pressure on Maud who survived a couple of scares and a cry for a penalty for Hall Russell waved aside by the ref. Duguid was unlucky in the 67th minute after some good play inside the 18 yard box but good only send his shot past the top left hand corner of the bar. A well won ball in the middle of the pitch was sent through to Duguid but the shot was fired directly in to the keepers arms. In the 79th minute Whyte was given a yellow card after a silly tackle on the wing and required the ref to bring calm all round as cries from Hall Russell demanding him sent off were waved aside. Finishing the game strongly Maud were caught out on the break and a great one handed save from Fyfe in goals kept Maud in front. After coming on as a substitute Smart saw his rifled in shot well held by Carroll in goals.

Final whistle was blown after a couple minutes injury time and Maud collected all 3 points setting them up nicely for next Saturdays game away to Colony Park in Inverurie 2pm KO