Dyce 3 - 2 Maud

North Superleague

9th November 2019


Maud Junior Football Club

MAUD M Ritchie, Walker, Stainton, McCredie, Duff, Smith, Thomson, Robertson, Mair, Joji, Quantrill

Subs  Cowie(GK) Wood,Huemeink, C Ritchie, Masson


Maud had to start this game with probably the youngest team they have ever fielded due to injuries, work and suspensions but the youngsters were up for it and straight from the kick off pushed forward. On the 7th minute Dyce came back back at Maud and a scuffed clearance within the the 6 yard box was nearly turned into their own net. Play on a soft and slippy surface led to both teams struggling to get grip and sloppy play was the result. Dyce had the first breal chance when Maud survived a scare when a cross in was met by the unmarked Bartlett who only managed to head over the bar. Maud kept up the pressure and finally got their reward in the 23rd minute when a cross into the box was cleared as far as Mair who sent it back min to be finished off by Quantrill. Maud increased the lead in the 30th minute when good play on the left wing allowed Joji to double Maud's lead. Dyce's Pennycook was called into action and had several brilliant shot stoppers to deny Maud the chance to further increase their lead. Dyce wasted a free kick in the 41st minute when decent defending cleared the danger.

HT 0-2

Dyce started the 2nd half lively and forced a couple of corners which fortunately came to nothing. Maud got off lucky when a lon ball upfield was crossed in to left of goal but the shot went high over the bar. Again Dyce stepped up the pressure and only a wide shot that went past the right hand post kept the score the same. Bartlett saw another half chance sky over the bar as Dyce kept coming forward. A second yellow for the same player saw Dyce down to ten men. In the 75th minute Dyce finally got their reward for keeping the pressure on Maud when Forsyth pulled one back. Three minutes later Dyce equalised when a cross in to the back post was well finished off by Bartlett. A scuffle in the goalmouth led to Baillie receiving his marching orders for a scond yellow followed by Quantrill being booked for Maud. Dyce broke clear and pushed up the park and being clear was deemed to have been brought down inside the box. Penalty which was duly despatched by Leith. It was after this that Maud's keeper was sent sent off for throwing a water bottle off the pitch towards Baillie who had apparantly threw it at the keeper. The game drew to a close with Dyce running out the winners. A decent game spoilt by an over officious referee who handed out 18 yellow cards and 3 red ones when their was hardly a strong tackle in the game.

Next week Maud will try again when they travel to face Bridge of Don at the Aberdeen Sports Village with a 1.30pm KO