Maud JFC

Dufftown 2 - 4 Maud

North Superleague

20th August 2016


Maud: Finn, Sculley, Reid, Lawson, Simpson, Whyte, Davidson, Thomson, Smart, Still, Smith

Subs: Burr, Ritchie, Kirk, Downie

The match kicked off on a fine sunny day and the first action was a bad tackle by Morrison on Lawson which went unpunished by the officials. A poor kick out let in Mitchell but he fired wide with the goal gapping. The home side went in front when a Mitchell cross was tapped home by Strathdee. On 22 mins a poor ball by Davidson let in Mitchell whose cross was met by Stables who made no mistake with his finish. Smart missed a good chance after a good set up by Scully. From a Dufftown free kick a Morrison header brought a fine save by Flinn. Still held the ball up on the left and sent a dangerous cross along the 6 yard box but there were no takers in the middle. Just on half time Maud reduced the lead when a long ball forward into the Dufftown box and Smart out jumped the home keeper Storrier to head home.    

                                            HT 2 – 1

Into the second half and the away keeper Flinn made a fine save at his near post from a shot by Stables. Maud drew level on 48 mins when a clearance header by Lawson bounced over the Dufftown defence which Still latched onto and slotted past the out rushing Storrier. Five mins later and Maud were ahead when a quick break up field by Thomson who found Still and his first time ball was played into the path of Smith who lashed home from 18 yards. Still squared for Davidson but he shot straight at Storrier. The injured Smart was replaced by Ritchie. A Strathdee shot stung the hands of Flinn. On 71 mins Maud increased their lead when Davidson drove forward and his shot was parried out and Ritchie reacted first to poke home. A Burr cross was met by Still whose overhead kick went straight at Storrier. Maud had 4 corners in quick succession at the end and Lawson came close when his header was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by Storrier.

                                        FT 2 – 4


This was a game of 2 halves as the home side deserved to go in at the break ahead but Maud came strong in the second half and on another day could have scored a few more goals.

Maud next game is on Saturday 27 August away v Burghead Thistle in the 1st round of the GA Engineering Cup with a 2pm KO